Directive to Incorporate Direct Democracy in Acts of World Government
Incorporation of mechanisms of direct democracy in acts of world government, at local, regional and world levels with creation of the Democratic Procedures Department
(Summary: It is clearly stated how direct democracy should be developed specifically in World Government.)
Direct Democracy Law
Considering that today there seems to be a consensus that world society is in crisis, that we are facing a crucial point, in which a profound paradigm shift is taking place. A fundamental crisis, of perception, that is, of the way we see the world;
Whereas science has shown that this world is a whole, that our planetary biosphere is a whole, and that humanity is a whole. We are all 99.9% genetically identical. We are a humanity that lives on a fragile planet that is in great danger because it is fragmented into some 193 militarized “sovereign” entities that are governed by their respective ruling classes and transnational corporate interests;
Considering that we live under a de facto world government, in which the large transnational companies hold more power than most nations. War has become big business: conflicts are created, the world is chaotic, so that the “dogs of war” sell their weapons. Countries are destroyed to give reconstruction to large companies. The pharmaceutical transnationals create diseases and then offer the miracle cure. Short-term gain is maximized, shedding weight on Mother Earth. The real needs of the population are put aside to produce speculative papers that only have value on the stock market;
Considering that, with the prevailing paradigm of modernity, until now a fragmented, anthropocentric, patriarchal, materialistic, competitive, mechanistic, and physicalist vision, excessively rationalist, has prevailed;
Considering that the current civilization presents serious problems, such as the antagonism between the aggressive transnational capital, the catastrophic impact of the production practices of capital on the environment, the total inability of the capital system to face the challenge of women’s liberation and the cancer of chronic unemployment, but perhaps the most relevant is the big gap between the average depth that culture offers and the number of those who can actually reach it;
Considering that we see these antagonisms or contradictions daily in the news: wars of all kinds (military, commercial, media, blockades, etc.), climatic disasters, lack of fresh water, insurrections and protests, epidemics and diseases, widespread poverty, insufficient food resources, generalized economic crisis, educational crisis, etc.;
Considering that a change of direction in world civilization is urgent, in order to avoid the extinction of human civilization;
Considering that only people’s awareness of this situation, and their active participation in change, can make a new society of peace, justice and sustainability a reality.
Considering that the World Constitution establishes the mechanisms of organization at the local (Electoral Districts) and world level, maintaining the nation-states, but with a revised concept of sovereignty, under the principle that sovereignty resides in the people, not in any type of institution;
Whereas the World Constitution advocates for the greatest possible amount of democracy. The Manifesto states that “A vibrant democracy gives legal power to all people as citizens of the world in matters of equality, freedom and responsibility. Consecrated at all levels, from the local level to the global level, that this democracy updates universal morality and existential truth at the heart of our situation”;
Considering that world peace through international law necessarily requires a genuine planetary democracy, which will constitute a true paradigm shift from a social system of war at the international level to a system of peace;
Whereas Article 1 of the World Constitution requires “to protect universal human rights, including life, liberty, security, democracy, and equal opportunities in life”;
Considering that Article 2 of the World Constitution orders that “the World Government for the Federation of the Earth shall be non-military and shall be democratic in its own structure, with ultimate sovereignty residing in all the people who live on Earth;
Considering that among the departments of the world administration that of “Democratic Procedures” is created (Article 7.3);
Considering that today’s technology allows direct democracy to be fully developed.
Whereas, democracy is more than merely periodic general elections and peaceful determination of geographical political borders, but is also a principle that requires regular expression in the daily lives of all people everywhere;
The delegates of the 15th Session of the Provisional World Parliament proclaim the following law to establish the Democratic Procedures Department to help promote democratic procedures and global direct democracy:
- The Democratic Procedures Department is created with a Minister. As soon as feasible, the Minister shall select a Senior Administrator, subject to confirmation of the Presidium (EC.7.2.4.). From senior lists of the World Civil Service Administration, the Senior Administrator shall select 20 World Regional Administrators, subject to confirmation of the Minister. Additional qualification of world regional administrator is full-year primary residency in the respective world region during service.
- The Department of Democratic Procedures will further design, at each of the levels of world government, the mechanisms for the full exercise of Direct Democracy by the citizens of the world, so that anyone affirming the Earth Constitution may participate actively and prominently in decisions at the Legislative, Executive, Judicial, Coercive and Public Defender levels. In particular, the Department of Democratic Procedures shall review the World Elections Act together with the Commission for Legislative Review to determine possible recommendations for improvement of that Act. The department shall outline different types of voting options, for example, forms of weighted voting, to enhance the direct democratic voices within electorates. The Department shall outline the strengths and weaknesses of each option for the benefit of Election Commissions worldwide.
- The Democratic Procedures Minister shall assist the Commission of the World Boundaries and Elections Administration (WBEA). The Senior Administrator of the WBEA shall receive reports and proposals from the Democratic Procedures Department, and convey these reports with comment to the WBEA Commission. The Senior Administrator of the Democratic Procedures Department may convey reports and proposals directly to the WBEA Commission.
- The Minister and Senior Administrator of the Democratic Procedures Department may sit in WBEA Commission meetings with voice of comment but without vote, except that in the case of a tie vote of the WBEA Commission, the Minister of Democratic Procedures may break the tie. If a tie vote arises while the Minister of Democratic Procedures is sitting in legislative session, the record and substance of the WBEA Commission question shall be transmitted to the Minister of Democratic Procedures, for consideration and decision outside of legislative session hours. To make this provision meaningful, a cabinet minister or Vice-President shall not serve at the same time as both Minister of Democratic Procedures and as Minister of the WBEA Commission.
- The Department of Democratic Procedures shall interact with the President of the Provisional World Parliament, and shall present a proposal for mechanisms to the Provisional World Parliament, within six months.
- The world district offices of the Democratic Procedures Department shall receive any reports, proposals (including initiatives) and other communications from local and world district peoples’ assemblies. The regional offices of the Democratic Procedures Department shall receive any reports, proposals (including initiatives) and other communications from regional peoples’ assemblies. The Minister of the Democratic Procedures Department shall receive any reports, proposals (including initiatives) and other communications from international or global peoples’ assemblies, conveying these, with separate ministerial commentary and recommendations to the respective World Boundaries and Elections Administration offices and to the Presidium.
- As soon as feasible, the Democratic Procedures Department shall establish an office in each world region and in each world district.
- Public Utility Allocations
Initial workload for the Democratic Procedure Department is likely to exceed the eventual operative stage workloads. Therefore, initial salaries are set to premium (two thousand Earth Hours, annual. &2K, annual). To begin the Democratic Procedures Department, the Democratic Procedures Fund is the following:
Senior Administrator Assistant
10 Mega-Region Administrators
10 Mega-Region Administrative Assistants
20 Regional Administrators
20 Regional Administrative Assistants
World District Offices
1000 District Administrators
1000 District Administrative Assistants
5000 Sub-District Administrators
10,000 Sub-District Administrative Assistants
(1 Sub-District Administrative Assistant per Judicial Precinct).
Three hundred forty lakh Earth Hours, annual &34,000K, annual
Office operating material costs might double the personnel costs, therefore
World Office: &88K, annual
Regional Offices: &80K, annual
World District: Six hundred eighty lakh Earth Hours, annual. &68,000K, annual
The World Financial Administration shall set up withholding accounts for personnel subject to sub-jurisdictions that have income tax systems. However, sub-jurisdictional payments from withholding accounts are subject to sub-jurisdictions being members to the Earth Federation.
Also, the World Financial Administration shall set up matching, survivable, retirement accounts. Income from work done accounts from the time work begins, not from the time that the World Financial Administration is operable. Accounting from date respective personnel begin is necessary to comply with Earth Constitution Article Section 17.6 requirement that all work provided be accounted for.
Retirement account fund for Democratic Procedures Department: Three hundred forty point eighty-four lakh Earth Hours, annual. &34,084K, annual.
- This Act has Annexes of Issues.
Regional Administrators of the Democratic Procedures Department shall submit the Annex of Issues to the world districts and to the residents of the world districts, with the encouragement that world district residents consider and dialogue, among their respective peoples’ assemblies, as well as among their world district offices, the wording of electoral initiatives to be brought to the Provisional World Parliament.
The Democratic Procedures Department shall begin a massive process of global consultations on issues crucial to humanity, using all available mechanisms, in the electoral districts constituted or in constitution, and allied organizations, through Web pages and social networks.
- This Act enters into force immediately upon adoption by the Provisional World Parliament.
- World Parliament appoints as Minister of the Department of Democratic Procedures, to initiate its functions in the Provisional World Government: _________________________ .
The consultations will deal with all issues relevant to civilizational change:
- if people agree to a change of course of world civilization;
- on the identification of the problem paradigms and the new paradigms to promote;
- about the identification of the main global problems and opponents, and possible solutions;
- about the replacement of the UN by a Democratic World Parliament without veto;
- on the ratification of the World Constitution for the Federation of the Earth;
- about the role of transnationals, and about market control;
- on the relevance of multi-polarity, anti-colonialism, and anti-imperialism;
- on the prohibition of nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction for ALL nations on the planet, declaring as a crime their design, manufacture, transport, sale, possession, and use of them and their parts;
- about the need for a new, comprehensive, sustainable world system that allows a wise, reciprocal and balanced coexistence with Nature;
- on a new just and equitable world social and economic system, that ends poverty, that is designed for all humanity and not just for 5% of the population;
- about a democratic world government that democratizes finance, granting soft, or non-returnable, credits to small and medium-sized entrepreneurs that use sustainable and equitable technologies;
- on a democratic world government that democratizes education, extending it to all the inhabitants of the planet for free, from birth to professionalization, making use of the communication media and existing social networks;
- about a democratic world government that democratizes the use of patents and copyrights, avoiding the monopolization of knowledge and technologies, giving a fair return to inventors;
- in relation to a democratic world government that democratizes the use of technologies, making them available to the entire world population;
- on a democratic world government that encourages the use of sustainable energy and penalizes the use of unsustainable and dangerous technologies;
- on a democratic world government that gives priority to sustainable local and regional economies;
- about a democratic world government that passes economically stable and equitable laws to return the Earth and its abundance to the Peoples;
- on a democratic world government that puts firm order in the world market and eliminates the corporate legal personality of transnational companies, and requires them to register in a world registry;
- regarding a democratic world government that gives priority to the human being, that establishes minimum and maximum wages, that establishes a public bank and a world currency, that guarantees a single universal annual income to all the inhabitants of the Earth, promotes full employment, and guarantee the gratuity or subsidy of basic goods and services;
- on a democratic world government that guarantees the full incorporation of women with full rights, in recognition of the invisibility that their contributions, their struggles, their conquests have suffered over the centuries, within the urgent and necessary struggle against the patriarchy that it has affected women, men, boys and girls, plunging them into a world of inequalities and injustices, crimes and wars in the name of the supremacy of man;
and all those issues of global interest for
Annex to WLA71 and
World District Standard
As a matter of ways and means, budget in Earth Hour annual salaries of credit and currency are allocated from no later than 15th Session (2021), as public utilities in like manner to the students and personnel implementing the world districts.
Standing Parliamentary World Finance Commissions working for the world district implementations shall use Article 8 of this World Legislative Act Number 71 as a guideline for drafting a more detailed explicit budget for submission by the deadline for submissions for the 16th session of Provisional World Parliament (currently 10th June 2022), accounting for all provisional study and provisional planning in terms of the annual &2K salaries, until more detailed, operative salary schedules are planned and implemented. Qualification for salary in Earth Hours requires recipients’ prior solemn written affirmation of the Earth Constitution as the supreme law within humanity’s institution of law.