WORLD CONSTITUTION AND PARLIAMENT ASSOCIATION (WCPA) “Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair.
Our newest WCPA brochure See our website at: www.earth-constitution.org
A short article on the Earth Constitution prepared for the International Association of Constitutional Law Some features of the Earth Constitution and the World Constitution and the Earth Federation Movement:
Freedom-The world is now poised to break free of both capitalism and imperialism Unity- The world can now be united, overcoming both the East-West and the North-South divides.
World Peace- The world con now begin disarmament, replacing the war-system with a world peace-system.
Human Rights- The economic and political institutions are now in place to protect human rights worldwide.
Sustainability- The institutions are now in place to ensure a sustainable world system.
Some delegates from the 13th Session of Parliament hosted by CMS Lucknow, India The WCPA is a worldwide organization working with love and dedication for planetary peace, justice, freedom, and sustainability.
We are widely affiliated with human rights organizations, environmental organizations, peace organizations, and other concerned groups working for a decent future of planet Earth.
The WCPA was established in 1958 by Professor Philip Isely and his wife Margaret Isely of Denver Colorado, USA, to create a Constitution for a Federation of Earth and to promote democratic world government under that Constitution. Some photos of the early pioneers and founders.
It was soon joined by Dr. Terence Amerasinghe and Dr. Reinhart Ruge, who became Co-Presidents. The organization has grown into a world-wide movement since that time, with chapters today in many countries involving many thousands of citizens around the world.
In addition, over the years thousands of concerned world citizens have registered as delegates for Provisional World Parliaments organized by WCPA and have declared themselves as personal ratifiers of the Earth Constitution. To date, there have been 14 sessions of the World Parliament in cities around the world. Projects and Chapters We have specific projects in a number of countries where WCPA chapters work on their preferred issues. Our global projects include the following:
(1) The Constitution Worldwide promotion of the Earth Constitution as a subject of study, discussion, and model for emulation within educational institutions, NGOs, and public forums. Through this we promote world citizenship and the need for peoples, nations, and corporations to begin thinking globally in terms of democratic world law for the Earth, with the goal of the eventual ratification of the Constitution, bringing democratic law and environmental protection to our endangered planet.
(2) The World Parliament The WCPA is also responsible for holding sessions of the Provisional World Parliament, and for the future convening of a Founding Ratification Convention, to obtain official ratification of this Earth Constitution under the criteria given in Article 17 of the Constitution. The 14th Session of the Parliament was held in Kolkata, India, December 27-29, 2015 as part of the larger “World Thinkers Writers Peace Meet” (Dec. 27-31, 2015).
(3) World Court System We are developing the Collegium of World Judges that is mandated in Article 9 of the Constitution, primarily through inviting retired Supreme Court Justices from various countries to participate. From the Collegium are selected justices to staff various benches of the World Court System, thereby promoting the rule of law with universal jurisdiction for the Earth. At the moment we are developing a bench of the World Court to examine the Chevron-Ecuador case that has been going on for more than 20 years.
(4) Signatories to the Earth Constitution We invite people everwhere to become a personal ratifier of the Earth Constitution by signing the Pledge of Allegiance. As the number of signatories from all over the planet continues to grow, so does the momentum to recognize and ratify the Constitution.
(5) Chapter Activities and Meeting Minutes (New Category) Pledge to the Earth Constitution
(6) Membership in WCPA People may be individual members of WCPA or be involves with WCPA chapters that exist in a number of countries. Membership is free in the poorer countries and very low cost in the wealthier countries. WCPA members often develop local projects as representatives of the Earth Constitution and its list of human rights, human equality, principles of justice, and environmental protection. Membership application You can become a member, and/or sign the Earth Constitution on-line at www.earth-constitution.org.
You can donate to WCPA through Paypal. Note: Every donation of $20 or more receives a free postpaid copy of World Revolution through World Law by Glen T. Martin. Other books by Glen T. Martin
Officers and Members of the Executive Council The International Advisory Board of WCPA, Chapter Presidents, and the World Coordinating Council of the Earth Federation Movement
Brief History – with photos Detailed Recent History and Philosophy: WCPA since 2003 Some Commonly Asked Questions about the Constitution
Executive Cabinet Meeting Minutes 2003 to 2013 Report: WCPA 2017 Mid-year Report (photos) Report: WCPA 2016 Mid-year Report (photos)
Report: GTM’s work for the Earth Constitution in India and Bangladesh, December 2013 (with photos)
Report: GTM’s work in India December 2014 to January 2015. Photos of this trip. Report: GTM’s work in Togo on behalf of the Earth Constitution, June 2015 (with photos). __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ Other WCPA links supporting the Earth Federation Movement: www.earth-constitution.org www.worldparliament-gov.org/ www.worldproblems.net www.earthfederation.info/ www.earthfederationmovement.webs.com/ www.radford.edu/gmartin ______________________________________________________________________________________ Back to Home Page: www.radford.edu/gmartin
2006 Letter by WCPA President, Dr. Terence Amerasinghe
The letter was sent from Dr. Amerasinghe’s WCPA Office in Colombo, Sri Lanka, to Eugenia Almand in Kameoka, Japan, in 2006. Eugenia Almand was a WCPA intern with the Oomoto Religion of Japan at the time, working on defining World Electoral Districts for Japan. Dr. Amerasinge declares “We were born for mankind.” In the letter he refers to the pavilion called the “New Humanity Center” in Kalamata, Greece, that WCPA expected to receive for its European Offices. Three photos of the pavilion are given here:
41 Dias Place, Colombo, I-2, Sri Lanka
September 24, 2006
Ms. Eugenia Almand
Jinrui Aizenkai, Kameoka Kyoto-fu, Japan
It was good you telephoned me yesterday. I was holding a committee meeting with Mr. Randiligama, Mr. Mutbukuda, and my son Tilak. We were discussing a project we had drawn up for ULBA [Universal Love and Brotherhood Association, an international program sponsored by Oomoto]. I think Mr. Randiligama has sent you an outline of a Project – Senior Citizens Holiday Resort in Sri Lanka. He suggested that you hand the memo to Dr. Shimamoto. That is all. Let it be acted on or forgotten according to the grand tradition of ULBA! The Project might be good for Kalamata.
It is time Glen, You, and I drew up a comprehensive plan of work for Kalamata to be worked out over the years. [We thought at the time that we had been gifted the “Humanity Pavilion” overlooking the bay of Kalamata, pictured above.] It should bring in money not only for the maintenance of a few miserable people like us but to maintain a regular World Parliament in Greece and the European Office of WCPA.
Some years ago Philip [Isely, founder of WCPA in 1958] and I started the World Condominium Club in Lakewood, Colorado. It rented to Tourists Apartments in the most exotic places. It arranged package tours from the US to Sri Lanka and South India. It worked well. This was while I was in Lakewood for drafting the Constitution. [that period was 1972-73].
We can do a similar thing in Kalamata. Every year we can have a World Cultural Music, Song, and Dance Festival in May in association with the municipality of Kalamata. We can have an Oriental Dance School teaching Indian and Sri Lanka Dance Forms in exchange for learning Greek and European Dance Forms. Also, a School for Japanese Martial Arts. The possibilities are endless.
More buildings must come up on our lands. We must call for finances from outside on a business scale. We can use our property as collateral. You will have to coordinate all this. Just meddling with bills in Parliament with a view to developing world law is not enough.
To push forward World Law to draft is not enough; for Glen to publish them in book form is not enough. We must have money to employ helpers to do what I have outlined above. We were born for the universe. We must not narrow our minds. We were born for mankind.
PS Send a copy of this letter to Glen. He too must be convinced in the possibilities. The majority of the world statesmen at the U.N. in New York are imprisoned in a box of their own making. Let us not get into a box for WCPA and the PWP.